Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do I begin... first thing this morning at 6:30 I got up and headed to the hospital for my Upper GI and EKG. If you know me I don't function well that early, but believe it or not I was on time. When I got into the x-ray room they had me drink this stuff that fizzes in your throat and you can't burp, then you have to drink this really thick milky, chalky stuff and then they rolled you around so it would coat your stomach. I thought I would throw up, just when I thought I couldn't take anymore I had to drink lying down. Somehow I managed to finish the test and everything was normal. They then walked me to the nursing room, obviously the nurse that took me there forgot I was getting tested for a weight loss procedure because she walked in a very fast pace, needless to say I barely kept up. Once there they hooked to the machine and everything was normal. I headed home and started the waiting game. I called Dory and told her I had finished my test. She said she would enter my info and let me know something today.

About an hour later the phone rang and it was Dory. I was scared to answer, but I did and ...........

I GOT THE SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you say I'm excited, I screamed and cried and then screamed some more and then when I came to my senses I thought what am I doing? I'm scared and excited. The first thing I did after getting off the phone I called Jane and Karen. Neither of them had heard if they were getting the surgery or not. They were very excited for me.

A few hours later Karen called and yes, believe it she is getting the surgery too. We both screamed and said what have we gotten ourselves into. At this point Jane had not heard from Dory. Just a few minutes later, Jane called Karen. I hung up with Karen and waited what seemed like forever and then Jane called me and Karen was also on the line, Jane told us that she didn't get the surgery, but she was ok. I really felt horrible, and I couldn't believe it, we always knew the odds of us all getting it were slim to none, but the finality of it was awful. Karen and I were telling her how sorry we were when Karen said " I just feel bad because Stephanie and I are going to lose all this weight and your not" I wanted to crawl under the table when both of them screamed were kidding, she is getting the surgery too. We all started screaming and laughing. What are the odds of us all getting the surgery. I like to think God was looking out for me because he knows I can't do this without them. There are no two other people in this world I would want to do this with.

After digesting what had happened, all I could do was sit around and think about the surgery. I got nothing done in the house and now I have a list a mile long of things I want to get done before surgery. Oh yeah, we are all having surgery Monday morning. At least our husbands can sit and chat in the waiting room. Maybe we can all be in the same hospital room. Ha Ha, how fun.

Anyway, we are having a meeting Wednesday afternoon to get all the details, I'll post them and a before picture of me and my friends sometime this week.

Steph

No comments: