Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SURGERY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all arrived bright and early 5:30am at the hospital. We were all very excited and anxious. I keep asking who's bright ideas was this anyway. It was way to late to turn back now. Ryan came and prayed for all of us. That was sooo sweet. Jane was called back first, then me, then Karen. Karen and I had rooms beside each other with a shared bathroom. Jane was across the hall. Once we were in our gowns, Karen and I was going to go across the hall a see Jane but as we started out the door, we saw Dr. Woodman in the hall and we ran back to our beds. Next they came in and gave us our IV's. The nurse was very good and got it on the first stick. Next thing I know they came in to get me, off I went. Once in the surgery room they sprayed my throat with this gross numbing medicine. Oh yeah, Dr. Woodman asked me what I had to eat last and I said a hot dog. He almost had a heart attack. Dory came to my rescue and said it was fat free on a wheat bun. Yeah right I don't even know what wheat taste like. Next I had to bite on this green thing that kept my mouth open, and the next thing I remember is waking up and telling Dr. Woodman to take good care of my friend Karen that was coming in next. As I was being rolled into recovery the first thing I saw was Jane and she was awake and looked good. I thought yeah we are actually going to live thru this. My mouth was very dry, so I got to eat some ice chips. I was feeling pretty good and my stomach didn't feel any different. I thought this is not bad, was I sooooooo wrong. About a hour later the nausea set in, and the stomach cramps started. I was released around 11:30 and was home at 12:00.

I came home and the first thing I did was throw-up, I tried to drink some tea but that also came right back up. I changed into my pj's and tried to go asleep. It was hard to get comfortable because you could feel the balloon moving around, it was really weird. I continued to throw-up all day and night. My stomach was having spasms probably every few minutes. I really wanted to yank the balloon out with my bare hands. Of course it didn't help to know that my friend Jane was feeling fine and had only had the dry heaves once, and was having no stomach cramps. I wanted to go over and make her throw-up. I did seem to sleep most of the night, only getting up to throw-up 3 or 4 times. Karen also was throwing up. Jane was just fine.

Steph

No comments: