Sunday, October 26, 2008

The night before surgery

Where do I begin, we started today off on a clear liquid diet. This was a new one for me, I actually heard my stomach growl for the first time in a long time. After church I went to get me a Route 44 sweet tea, I was in a hurry to take Kaylee to practice so I waited to take my first drink after I dropped her off and quess what, it was unsweet tea. I thought I would gag. So I drove back to Sonic and I wanted to tell them don't you know this is all I can have today so get it right, but I did'nt. Next, we had a halloween party at my mom's and there was food everywhere. There was chips,dip,chili,hotdogs,brownies,cotton candy,cokes, etc , needless to say it was very hard. I stayed inside away from the food for about an hour. I then started thinking maybe I could just chew the food and spit it out and it would be ok. Thanks to Keri my friend she talked me out of it. As the day progressed it got a little easier. I've gone this long without eating before, I think but I always know I can just go to Wendy's the next day. After today, the is no sight to the next time I can eat normal, or what I thought was normal. Hopefully I'll never see that normal again. I then went to the store to get me some food for the next three days ( juice, popsicles, and jello). I'm a little nervous about the surgery, but more nervous about not getting to eat. I'll post tomorrow after I get back from the hospital. Please pray for Karen, Jane and me as we begin this journey. Please pray for the doctors doing the surgery.

Steph

No comments: